1) Information on the collection of personal data and contact details of the data controller
1.1 We are pleased that you are visiting our website and thank you for your interest. In the following, we will inform you about how we handle your personal data when you use our website. Personal data is any data with which you can be personally identified.
1.2 The controller of data processing on this website within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is René Atz-Asen, Flottwellstraße 20, D-10785 Berlin-Tiergarten, Tel. +49 30 2000441-0, Fax +49 30 2000441-98, firstname.lastname@example.org. The controller is the natural or legal person who alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
1.3 This website uses SSL or TLS encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of personal data and other confidential content (e.g. orders or enquiries to the person responsible). You can recognise an encrypted connection by the string “https://” and the lock symbol in your browser line.
2) Data collection when visiting our website
During the mere informational use of our website, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise transmit information to us, we only collect data that your browser transmits to our server (so-called “server log files”). When you call up our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display the website to you:
- Our visited website
- Date and time at the time of access
- Amount of data sent in bytes
- Source/reference from which you reached the page
- Browser used
- Operating system used
- IP address used (if applicable: in anonymised form)
The processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO on the basis of our legitimate interest in improving the stability and functionality of our website. The data is not passed on or used in any other way. However, we reserve the right to check the server log files retrospectively if there are concrete indications of illegal use.
AWS-CloudFront (Amazon) via Gumlet
On our website we use the Content Delivery Network (“CDN”) “AWS CloudFront” of the service provider “Amazon” (Amazon EU S.a. r.l., 38 avenue John F. Kennedy, L-1855 Luxembourg).
A content delivery network is an online service that is used in particular to deliver large media files (such as graphics, page content or scripts) through a network of regionally distributed servers connected via the Internet. The use of Amazon’s Content Delivery Network helps us to optimise the loading speeds of our website.
The processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO on the basis of our legitimate interest in a secure and efficient provision, as well as improvement of the stability and functionality of our website.
Personal data is collected when contacting us (e.g. via contact form or e-mail). Which data is collected in the case of a contact form can be seen from the respective contact form. This data is stored and used exclusively for the purpose of answering your request or for contacting you and the associated technical administration. The legal basis for processing this data is our legitimate interest in responding to your request in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. If your contact aims at the conclusion of a contract, the additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 (1) lit. b DSGVO. Your data will be deleted after your request has been processed. This is the case when the circumstances indicate that the matter in question has been conclusively clarified and provided that there are no statutory retention obligations to the contrary.
5) Data processing when opening a customer account and for contract processing
Pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO, personal data will continue to be collected and processed if you provide it to us for the performance of a contract or when opening a customer account. Which data is collected can be seen from the respective input forms. Deletion of your customer account is possible at any time and can be done by sending a message to the above address of the person responsible. We store and use the data provided by you for the purpose of processing the contract. After complete processing of the contract or deletion of your customer account, your data will be blocked with regard to tax and commercial law retention periods and deleted after expiry of these periods, unless you have expressly consented to further use of your data or a legally permitted further use of data has been reserved on our part.
6) Comment function
In the context of the comment function on this website, in addition to your comment, information on the time of the creation of the comment and the commentator name you have chosen will be stored and published on this website. Furthermore, your IP address will be logged and stored. This storage of the IP address is for security reasons and in case the person concerned infringes the rights of third parties by posting a comment or posts illegal content. We need your e-mail address in order to contact you in the event that a third party objects to your published content as being illegal. The legal basis for the storage of your data is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b and f DSGVO. We reserve the right to delete comments if they are objected to by third parties as unlawful.
7) Use of customer data for direct marketing
7.1 Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter
If you register for our e-mail newsletter, we will regularly send you information about our offers. Only your e-mail address is required for sending the newsletter. The provision of further data is voluntary and is used to address you personally. We use the so-called double opt-in procedure for sending the newsletter. This means that we will only send you an e-mail newsletter once you have expressly confirmed that you consent to receiving newsletters. We will then send you a confirmation e-mail asking you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter in future by clicking on an appropriate link.
By activating the confirmation link, you give us your consent for the use of your personal data in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO. When you register for the newsletter, we store your IP address entered by your internet service provider (ISP) as well as the date and time of registration in order to be able to trace any possible misuse of your email address at a later date. The data collected by us when you register for the newsletter is used exclusively for the purpose of addressing you in an advertising manner by way of the newsletter. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time via the link provided for this purpose in the newsletter or by sending a corresponding message to the responsible person named at the beginning. After unsubscribing, your e-mail address will be deleted from our newsletter distribution list immediately, unless you have expressly consented to further use of your data or we reserve the right to use your data in a way that goes beyond this and is permitted by law and about which we inform you in this declaration.
7.2 Newsletter dispatch via MailPoet
Our email newsletter is sent via the “MailPoet” service, a service provided by Wysija SARL, 6 rue Dieudé, 13006 Marseille, France (hereinafter “MailPoet”), to whom we pass on the data you provided when registering for the newsletter. This transfer takes place in accordance with Art. 6 (1) lit. f DSGVO and serves our legitimate interest in using a newsletter system that is effective in advertising, secure and user-friendly. The data you enter for the purpose of receiving the newsletter (e.g. email address) is stored on MailPoet’s servers in the EU.
MailPoet uses this information to send and statistically evaluate the newsletters on our behalf. For the evaluation, the newsletters sent by email contain so-called web beacons or tracking pixels, which are single-pixel image files that are stored on our website. This makes it possible to determine whether a newsletter message has been opened and which links, if any, have been clicked on. With the help of so-called conversion tracking, it can also be analysed whether a predefined action (e.g. purchase of a product on our website) has taken place after clicking on such links. In addition, technical information is recorded (e.g. time of retrieval, IP address, browser type and operating system). The data is collected exclusively in pseudonymised form and is not linked to your other personal data; direct personal reference is excluded. This data is used exclusively for the statistical analysis of newsletter campaigns. The results of these analyses can be used to better adapt future newsletters to the interests of the recipients.
If you wish to object to data analysis for statistical evaluation purposes, you must unsubscribe from the newsletter.
We have concluded an order processing contract with MailPoet, with which we oblige MailPoet to protect our customers’ data and not to pass it on to third parties.
You can read more about MailPoet’s data analysis here:
8) Data processing for order handling
8.1 In order to process your order, we work together with the service provider(s) listed below, who support us in whole or in part in the execution of concluded contracts. Certain personal data is transmitted to these service providers in accordance with the following information.
The personal data collected by us will be passed on to the transport company commissioned with the delivery as part of the contract processing, insofar as this is necessary for the delivery of the goods. We pass on your payment data to the commissioned credit institution within the scope of payment processing, insofar as this is necessary for payment processing. If payment service providers are used, we will inform you explicitly about this below. The legal basis for the transfer of data is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b DSGVO.
8.2 Use of payment service providers (payment services)
When paying via PayPal, credit card via PayPal, direct debit via PayPal or – if offered – “purchase on account” or “payment by instalments” via PayPal, we pass on your payment data to PayPal (Europe) S.a.r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449 Luxembourg (hereinafter “PayPal”) as part of the payment processing. The transfer takes place in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b DSGVO and only insofar as this is necessary for the payment processing.
For the payment methods credit card via PayPal, direct debit via PayPal or – if offered – “purchase on account” or “payment by instalments” via PayPal, PayPal reserves the right to carry out a credit check. For this purpose, your payment data may be passed on to credit agencies in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f DSGVO on the basis of PayPal’s legitimate interest in determining your solvency. PayPal uses the result of the credit check in terms of the statistical probability of non-payment for the purpose of deciding on the provision of the respective payment method. The creditworthiness information may contain probability values (so-called score values). Insofar as score values are included in the result of the credit report, they have their basis in a scientifically recognised mathematical-statistical procedure. The calculation of the score values includes, but is not limited to, address data. For further information on data protection law, including information on the credit agencies used, please refer to PayPal’s data protection declaration: https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full.
You can object to this processing of your data at any time by sending a message to PayPal. However, PayPal may still be entitled to process your personal data if this is necessary for the contractual processing of payments.
Use of affiliate programmes
Amazon Affiliate Program (AmazonPartnerNet)
You can find further information on data use by Amazon in the Amazon.de data protection declaration at https://www.amazon.de/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=footer_privacy?ie=UTF8&nodeId=3312401.
If you would like to block the evaluation of user behaviour via cookies, you can set your browser so that you are informed about the setting of cookies and decide individually whether to accept them or exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or in general. You can also deactivate the interest-based ads on Amazon via the link https://www.amazon.de/gp/dra/info.
As far as legally required, we have obtained your consent for the processing of your data as described above in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a DSGVO. You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future. In order to exercise your revocation, please follow the option described above for making an objection.
10) Rights of the data subject
10.1 The applicable data protection law grants you comprehensive data subject rights (rights of access and intervention) vis-à-vis the controller with regard to the processing of your personal data, which we inform you about below:
- Right to information pursuant to Art. 15 DSGVO: You have in particular the right to information about your personal data processed by us, the processing purposes, the categories of personal data processed, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period or criteria for determining the storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, objection to processing, complaint to a supervisory authority. the criteria for determining the storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, objection to processing, complaint to a supervisory authority, the origin of your data if it has not been collected from you by us, the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information about the logic involved and the scope and intended effects of such processing concerning you, as well as your right to be informed about which guarantees exist in accordance with Art. 46 of the GDPR if your data is transferred to third countries;
- Right to rectification in accordance with Art. 16 DSGVO: You have a right to the immediate rectification of any inaccurate data relating to you and/or completion of any incomplete data we hold about you;
- Right to erasure in accordance with Art. 17 DSGVO: You have the right to request the erasure of your personal data if the conditions of Art. 17 (1) DSGVO are met. However, this right does not exist in particular if the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- Right to restriction of processing pursuant to Art. 18 DSGVO: You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data as long as the accuracy of your data, which you dispute, is being verified, if you refuse the deletion of your data due to unlawful data processing and instead request the restriction of the processing of your data, if you require your data for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims after we no longer need this data after the purpose has been achieved or if you have lodged an objection for reasons relating to your particular situation as long as it has not yet been determined whether our legitimate grounds prevail;
- Right to information pursuant to Article 19 of the GDPR: If you have asserted the right to rectification, erasure or restriction of processing against the controller, the controller is obliged to inform all recipients to whom the personal data concerning you have been disclosed of this rectification or erasure of the data or restriction of processing, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. You have the right to be informed about these recipients.
- Right to data portability pursuant to Art. 20 DSGVO: You have the right to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another controller, insofar as this is technically feasible;
- Right to revoke consent given in accordance with Art. 7 (3) DSGVO: You have the right to revoke consent to the processing of data once given at any time with effect for the future. In the event of revocation, we will immediately delete the data concerned unless further processing can be based on a legal basis for processing without consent. The revocation of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation;
- Right to lodge a complaint pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR: If you consider that the processing of personal data concerning you infringes the GDPR, you have – without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy – the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your residence, workplace or the place of the alleged infringement.
10.2 RIGHT OF OBJECTION
If WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA IN THE CONTEXT OF AN INTEREST CONSIDERATION ON THE BASIS OF OUR EXCEPTIONAL INTEREST, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT TO SUCH PROCESSING AT ANY TIME ON GROUNDS RELATING TO YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION, WITH EFFECT FOR THE FUTURE.
If YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT OF OBJECTION, WE WILL STOP PROCESSING THE DATA CONCERNED. HOWEVER, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CONTINUE PROCESSING IF WE CAN DEMONSTRATE COMPELLING LEGITIMATE GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING THAT OVERRIDE YOUR INTERESTS, FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS, OR IF THE PROCESSING IS FOR THE PURPOSE OF ASSERTING, EXERCISING OR DEFENDING LEGAL CLAIMS.
If YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS PROCESSED BY US FOR THE PURPOSE OF DIRECT ADVERTISING, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT AT ANY TIME TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR THE PURPOSE OF SUCH ADVERTISING. YOU MAY EXERCISE THE OBJECTION AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
If YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT OF OBJECTION, WE WILL TERMINATE THE PROCESSING OF THE DATA CONCERNED FOR DIRECT ADVERTISING PURPOSES.
11) Duration of the storage of personal data
The duration of the storage of personal data is determined on the basis of the respective legal basis, the purpose of processing and – if relevant – additionally on the basis of the respective statutory retention period (e.g. retention periods under commercial and tax law).
When processing personal data on the basis of explicit consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) a DSGVO, this data is stored until the data subject revokes his/her consent.
If there are statutory retention periods for data that is processed within the scope of legal or quasi-legal obligations on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b DSGVO, this data will be routinely deleted after the retention periods have expired, provided that it is no longer required for the fulfilment of the contract or the initiation of the contract and/or there is no justified interest on our part in continuing to store it.
When processing personal data on the basis of Art. 6(1)(f) DSGVO, this data is stored until the data subject exercises his or her right to object pursuant to Art. 21(1) DSGVO, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
When processing personal data for the purpose of direct marketing on the basis of Art. 6 (1) lit. f DSGVO, this data is stored until the data subject exercises his/her right to object in accordance with Art. 21 (2) DSGVO.
Unless otherwise indicated in the other information in this statement on specific processing situations, stored personal data are otherwise deleted when they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.